Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Cyclists

This morning, I went to run in the Garden of the Gods, a beautiful geological formation in Colorado Springs. As I drove into the parking lot, I saw two guys stopped on bicycles that were towing small trailers filled with camping gear. They wore brillint cyclist outfits emblazoned with "Colorado College" on the front.

I asked them where they were from. They told me they had ridden from Tillimuck, Oregon. They had graduated from Collorado College here in the springs last spring and had decided to bike accross the USA to raise funds for a CC chairty fund they were starting.

We had an interesting discussion for about five minutes, and then I sensed that they were ready to do something else--a TV crew from Channel 5 had driven up next to us. The Garden of the Gods makes a beautiful backdrop for TV.

I left for my run.

No comments: