Saturday, January 12, 2013

Troubling 24 Hours

The last 24 hours have been difficult. Yesterday, when I arrived with Lois to swim at the Y, I couldn't find my pool shoes. I checked at lost and found; they didn't have my shoes. When we got home, I was missing a ski glove that I knew I had worn on the way into the Y in the extreme cold; I did find my pool shoes.

This morning, I decided to go back to the Y to see if my glove had turned up. I wore an old pair of ski gloves and stopped for coffee first--so I had three gloves when I entered the coffee shop. After leaving the coffee shop I walked into Y and found that I had only two gloves--an old one and my newer one. Jan at the desk brought out a glove from lost and found that matched the newer glove. I now had three gloves. She suggested that perhaps a string with mitten clips that went through my sleeves would be of help.

I stopped by the coffee place, held up my old glove, and Jeff the manager nodded and brought me a matching old glove. I now had four gloves.

When I got home, I put my gloves on the table and was startled to find that I only had three--I was missing an old glove. I went to the garage and found the older glove on the floor. Five hours have now gone by: I have two shoes, and four gloves. I should be embarrassed, but that is just part of being seventy...and I have had a little help from my friends...

No comments: