Monday, March 21, 2011

The Blessing

This is a reprise of a previous post with more info:

While in Palm Desert, I asked directions from four strangers in the 108 degree sun. One, named Isaac, asked, “Sir, may I ask how you lost your fingers?


“Sure,” I told him, “Lost ‘em when I was nine from a dynamite cap.”

“Do you mind if I say a prayer for you?” asked Isaac.

“Go ahead,” I said.

Isaac held my hand and prayed, “...that he be healed, and his fingers grow back.”

After the blessing, I couldn’t wait to tell my family about the good news. Natalie looked at my hand, and said, “I don’t see any growth, Daddy.” She then looked at Libby and Genna, “You both can date when Grandpa’s fingers grow back.”

Six-year old Genna was upset, “I thought we could date when we were thirty-two!”

I now receive occasional phone calls regarding the progress of my fingers.

No comments: